Types of Membership
- A licensed pharmacist currently practicing in a veterinary institution for at least 20 hours each week (on average)
- Be providing professional service, teaching, and/or research.
Fellows have full voting rights and may hold office.
In order to be accepted as an Associate Member of the SVHP, a candidate must be:
- A registered pharmacist
- A veterinarian
- Other qualified individual interested in promoting veterinary pharmacy.
Associate Members may participate in all activities of the Society, but may not vote or hold office.
Pharm Tech/Vet Tech
In order to be accepted as a Pharmacy or Veterinary Technician (includes Assistants and Practice Managers), a candidate must be:
- Currently practicing in a veterinary institution 20 or more hours per week providing professional service, teaching and/or research.
Pharmacy & Veterinary Technicians may participate in all activities of the Society, but may not vote or hold office.
- Enrolled in a relevant professional program.
Student Members may participate in all functions of the Society, but may not vote or hold office.
Current Members must sign in to access renewal application. Then click on "Renew Membership" in the navigation
An Honorary Member must be an individual who has made an outstanding contribution to veterinary pharmacy. Honorary Members may participate in all activities of the Society, but may not vote or hold office.
- Honorary Members must be nominated by a Fellow in good standing; nominations must be submitted to the Council for review and approval.
Application for Fellow, Associate Member, and Student Member privileges must be made to the Council through the Application Form for review. Election to membership requires 75% approval of the Council.
What Drives Us
The purpose of the Society shall be the furtherance of interests and promotion of education for veterinary hospital pharmacy.