Society of Veterinary Hospital Pharmacists
To enhance the exchange of educational materials and ideas among veterinary hospital pharmacists.
The International College of Veterinary Pharmacy
The title of Diplomate in the International College of Veterinary Pharmacy (ICVP) distinguishes those pharmacists who have met rigorous credentialing requirements and have passed an arduous examination to prove competence.
Minimum qualifications to become a Diplomate of the International College of Veterinary Pharmacy (Dipl.ICVP)
- Fellow of the Society of Veterinary Hospital Pharmacists (FSVHP)
- Licensed/registered pharmacist in state/province/country in which one currently practices.
- full- time employment-five years in veterinary teaching institution , or,
- part- time employment- minimum 7500 hours over not less than five years, or
- completion of a residency program, leading to an advanced degree in veterinary pharmacy practice
- The experiential site, veterinary teaching hospital, should have at least the following systems in place:
- formulary system
- drug distribution system
- infection control program
- clinical role for the pharmacist within the institution
- active involvement in research and/or clinical trials
You must already be a Fellow in SVHP in order to begin the application process.
Please download the Diplomate Application complete, sign and mail to:
Sue Duran, RPh, MS, PhD, FSVHP, DICVP
School of Veterinary Medicine
Large Animal Clinic Pharmacy
Auburn, Alabama 36849-5522
What Drives Us
The purpose of the Society shall be the furtherance of interests and promotion of education for veterinary hospital pharmacy.